Sunday, March 3, 2019

Pepper Steak Sauce

I scribbled this down a week ago and want to get rid of the sticky note, so here it is in the blog now...
(revised Jan 26, 2021 rice vinegar and honey added)

Pepper steak sauce mix,

In a cup or bowl add...
1/8 cup fish sauce
1/8 cup soy sauce
1/8 cup sesame oil
1/8 cup of peanut oil (assuming no one has a issue with peanuts...)
1/4 teaspoon rice vinegar 
1 table spoon honey
2 cloves of garlic crushed
ground pepper
About a 1//2 inch of ginger root trimmed and diced

Note this sauce was used with steak, peppers and onions.

The peppers and onions were stir fried in a wok with a little peanut oil.

The above sauce was added to the wok about 5 minutes before serving.

I also threw in a 1/2 cup of slivered almond that I had browned before searing the steak.   I used the steak pan for this.

Steak was seared in a separate pan and added to the wok just before serving (added and stirred in to coat the meat with sauce).

I also deglazed the steak pan with a little wine and added this to the wok as well.

Considering I was winging it, it turned out petty well.